<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12585839\x26blogName\x3dthe+old+SHLOG+(moved+to+shaungroves.c...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://readshlog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://readshlog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-6606949357892583233', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

4/28/2006

SERVER PROBLEM

Do not adjust your internet connection. SHLOG.COM is experiencing difficulties. My server has locked me out for some reason so all the images stored there will not load here: the beautiful SHLOG.COM logo that once sat proudly atop this page, the friendly little guides saying things like "Today's Quote" and "Archives." You get the idea. Hopefully my hosting company will get this straightened out soon and my blog will be beautiful again.

In the meantime, what hosting company do you use? I may be shopping for one soon.

12 Comments:

Blogger Blake Stewart said...

Eleven2.com - Seriously the best hosting company I've ever used. I can't say one bad thing about them. Their tech support is amazing!!! (they're always on aim to answer questions) And so far I have had ZERO downtime. I mean heck, their motto is "Downtime what's that?" I highly suggest...

4/28/2006  
Anonymous Stephen said...

dreamhost.com - I've used them for about 4 years and havn't had any trouble.

4/28/2006  
Anonymous jonathan said...

dreamhost.com - over 5 years with a few different domains, and tech support is extremely helpful in explainging the problem. $7.95/mo

I tried 1and1.com for a while, but support is lacking. You get what you pay for.

JM

4/28/2006  
Blogger Kat said...

If you're still thinking of setting up a new site(s), I'd recommend that you wait to select a new host until you know which blogging/content management system (cms) you plan to use. There are a number of hosts that specialize in various cms systems and it would be ideal to use a host that specializes in the system that you plan to use.

If you choose to go ahead an select a new host right away, be sure to check out what their guaranteed Support turnaround time is. I recently had some issues with a client's Dreamhost account and they have a guaranteed support time of 24 hours and they used every minute of it. Most hosts have a turnaround time of 6 or less hours and frankly, the hosts I use normally respond within 30 minutes or so.

I have accounts with pmachinehosting.com and idologic.com (this is a reseller account). I recommend both very highly.

4/28/2006  
Blogger Kat said...

I've also heard good things about mediatemple.com.

You can read reviews on various hosting companies here (but take what you read with a grain of salt):

www.webhostingtalk.com

4/28/2006  
Blogger robyn elise said...

i'm using 1and1.com only because i get a professional package for $10/month but it started free and i upgraded. but i think it expires in february of '07 and i will then be shopping around (and trying to figure out how to transfer all my database info for my blog to the new one...)

4/28/2006  
Blogger Kat said...

Robyn Elise,
When the time comes, feel free to give me a shout. I'd be happy to help you migrate your blog.
-kat

4/28/2006  
Blogger bdg.theTRu said...

Flockhosting.com

Chuck's a really good guy, knows his stuff and is easy to communicate with.

i've used and recommended him for years now...

peace... love... bdg...

4/28/2006  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'll second the Flockhosting recommendation. Chuck also does the behind-the-scenes tech stuff over at CMCentral, and he's very easy to get in touch with if anything ever goes wrong. I've hardly ever had the need to contact him, though - the hosting is very reliable.

4/30/2006  
Blogger Shaun Groves said...

We got it figured out. Should be fixed soon.


Somehow, we don't know how, my automatic payment option got unselected. Weird. So for the last year or so my credit card has been aiuto-billed but this month, oddly, it wasn't. And, also oddly, I was never sent any kind of notice about this. My service just ended.

BBut like I said, should be remedied soon.

I will be looking into other options though. Just in case somebody has better services for a better price. The new shlog.com will take up kmore space so I'll have to upgrade anyway I imagine.

Anyone out there want to cut me a bro deal in exchange for anything...like a hearty hand shake and a smile?

4/30/2006  
Blogger Cristy said...

Shaun Groves said...
Somehow, we don't know how, my automatic payment option got unselected.



Is that what happened with the Team72 site?

5/01/2006  
Blogger GrovesFan said...

Team72 is hosted by the same site as this one so it's all tied together.

Beth

5/02/2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home